UK Tel: 01580 712 690
subscribe for news & offers
|Far away from the routines and grey skies of everyday, we can help you realise your dream wedding on the island of Mauritius! However, there are certain formalities which have to be fulfilled before a couple exchanges vows in Mauritius island.
The civil wedding can be celebrated either at the Civil Status Office of the locality where the couple is staying, at the hotel itself or any other place chosen by the clients.
On the eve of the wedding, the bride and groom will have to produce the necessary original documents to the Civil Status Office situated in Port-Louis before going to the Supreme Court to swear an affidavit. Once this has been done, they will head to the Civil Status Office of the relevant locality for the publication of the bans. The civil wedding may take place 24 hours afterwards (date to be confirmed).
You will be accompanied by a representative of our local agent to assist in all the above formalities. But it must be remembered that it takes a little more organisation and paperwork to be able to finalise all the necessary formalities. It is, thus, of the utmost importance our agent to receive the documents needed at least 30 days before your arrival in Mauritius either by fax or registered mail to be able to proceed with the required procedures.
A photocopy of the following documents either in French or English (the copy must be certified in the latter case) should be sent to us:
- Birth certificates of the couple
- First three pages of each client’s passport
- Certified copies attesting the divorce, death of the spouse or the previous marriage in case one or both
clients are divorced or widowed
- Relevant documents in case of a change of name
- Actual profession of the bride and groom
- Actual residential address of the couple
NET RATE FOR CIVIL FORMALITIES – £ 260 inclusive of:
- A widow or divorcee is not legally authorised to remarry less than 300 days following her husband’s death or after her divorce has been declared unless she undergoes a medical examination in Mauritius which will certain that she is not pregnant. Should the test be proved positive, the couple will not be able to exchange vows under any circumstances.
- Floral arrangements, bridal bouquet, buttonholes, the service of a photographer, video-camera can be arranged either through Mauritours or the hotel. In either case, the expenses will have to be settled locally.
- Attorney’s fees to draw up affidavits
- Court’s fees for the swearing of affidavits
- Cost of the publication of the bans
- Local driver-guide to accompany the couple from the hotel to Port-Louis, Civil Status Office and back
- Assistance of a Mauritours representative while fulfilling all formalities
- Civil Status Officer’s fees to officiate the wedding
- Handling fees to cover cost of faxes, telephone calls and other administration costs
- A margin note where required
- Postal of the Wedding Certificate by registered mail (Optional : DHL/ TNT Express Delivery with a supplement of £20)
Copyright 2003-2017 © Angelfish Ltd All Rights Reserved